Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Last Days

My last three days in NM were spent leafleting work sites and canvassing neighborhoods. Outside of a near dog attack, nothing out of the ordinary occurred to me personally. Labor 08's focus these last days was to encourage people to vote early and vote Democratic. Last I heard, early votes were double the previous election and Obama was in a comfortable lead in NM.

I want to thank the Weinberg, Roger & Rosenfeld for giving me one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had. I'm also thankful to OPEIU for donating money towards my expenses.

My blog cannot fully express how much labor and love was generated out of the Labor 08 office in New Mexico. Over the past three weeks, I experienced the deepest personal satisfaction from being of service to others and, in the process, found a family in my fellow union members and volunteers for Labor 2008. I think that election day will show the NM vote going to Obama partly due to AFL-CIO/Labor 08's efforts to make sure that Labor friendly candidates are supported by union members. Labor 08 canvassed over a 500,000 members alone, a good many of whom will vote for Obama.

Again, THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME TO SUPPORT BARACK OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT! Thank you specifically to Dan Boone for his inspiration and Andrea Laiacona for doing everything she could to make the inspiration work. Most importantly, thank you to all the wonderful, passionate folks at Labor 2008. Dan Manning, HAMMER and Tiffany Fiser put together, and held firm, one of the most organized and efficient and professional political campaigns in New Mexico. I predict that, through their efforts, and all the Union laborers gathered together at Labor 08, New Mexico will vote Obama.

OBAMANOS!!!

No comments: